Thursday, February 5, 2009

My son, the thief!

Do I even need to mention names??? There we were in Home Depot, me ,Michael, James (a friend from CHURCH), Isaac, Stevi and Rylie. We were standing in line waiting to check out and Stevi and Isaac starting eyeing the candy that is so conveniently placed right at their eye level. Michael and I said no, they had not even eaten lunch at this point. I didn't really even think anymore about it. We were just about ready to walk out and Michael said " check his pockets and make sure there is no candy. " I checked his little pockets and didn't find a thing. I definitely wasn't thinking I needed to perform a shake down on my four year old! Michael goes over and starts patting him down, asks him to lift his arms and sure enough, a king size candy bar drops to the floor. What in the world! He had hidden it between his jacket and his shirt, in his arm pit. For those of you who know Isaac, we're just lucky he didn't decide to hide it in his crack. Then we would've had to buy the dumb thing.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I TOTALLY thought this was going to end with the candy tucked down the back of his pants! You took the words right out of my mouth...you were a lucky woman that it wasn't...I dont think they would have let you just put it back :-)